Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Unfairground.


Finally the new Kevin Ayers album found my mailbox. I hate to admit it, but I was attacked by nostalgia. This is top quality Ayers talking-singing, with good assistance from a bunch of youngsters from The Ladybug Transistor, Teenage Fanclub, Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, Trash Can Sinatras, Neutral Milk Hotel, and Architecture in Helsinki ( and throw in a couple of old geezers too).
Robert Wyatt appears in the form of "The Wyattron". The Wyattron might be something like this?

2 comments:

Dr. Benway said...

I am still waiting for my copy to arrive. I had to order from amazon as HMV on Oxford St. were sold out when I went in a few days ago. I am a little new to Ayers and have only known of him through his association with RW. But I heard two tracks on Mark Lamarr's radio 2 show which sounded so good (plus with his complete endorsement of the whole album) that I had to get a copy. I am so desperate for music which actually means something.

Svenn said...

Hope he is selling a lot, and that the reason for not having the album is not because they had few copies in store from the beginning! Pity you have to wait though.