Thursday, November 27, 2008

Andrew D'Angelo Trio


Bergen Jazzforum invited us all to a free concert Wednesday, with Andrew D'Angelo Trio, being Andrew D’Angelo(sax), Trevor Dunn (el-bass) and Jim Black (drums). This was hard swinging, great jazz, with rock elements (Black's muscles may be the reason for that). I started thinking of Back Door there, for some moments!
D'Angelo has also made records with Norwegian MoHa! guys Anders Hana and Morten Olsen as Morthana, but the newest album from them is in the name of Andrew D'Angelo Trio, since the Japanese record company wanted it that way. I hope I got that one right, but they only had one of those CDs left, and some other guy grabbed that one. Me, I spent almost the same amount of money I guess on a pint of dark, strong Christmas beer.

No comments: