Monday, December 14, 2009

A bit out of focus





If you have visited this blog some times, you must have noticed that it is not very focused. I mix all kinds of music (and other stuff), and will not excuse myself, but rather make a hell of a mix today!
Let´s start in the most charming way, with Regina Spektor and Norwegian singer Sondre Lerche at Rockefeller (Oslo), recorded a couple of days ago (singing "Hell no").
Then we go a bit more brutal with Shining live in Tokyo (shown at a YouTube festival today, to mark "Give Your Live - a music festival for human rights").
Next ones out are Lean Left, one of Ken Vandermark´s projects (live recording, November 2009). Lean Left is Ken Vandermark, Terrie Ex, Andy Moor and Paal Nilssen-Love.
And OK, we will join the celebration of The Clash : It´s 30 years since "London Calling"! I can´t believe it. I bought the album when it came out, but I´ll have to admit that my favorite track was "Brand New Cadillac"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Sven, I read your weblog almost daily. Apparently, we share the same taste or maybe I should say we have the same sort of eclecticism.

And I am glad to read about Wyatt or Soft Machine or Slapp Happy-releases. BTW, did you ever notice how many of the musicians involved are collaborating with Björk?

I also remember very clearly running to the recordshop to buy the Clash's London Calling. It's impact on me was huge.

Keep up the good work!

Svenn said...

Thanks! I´ll have to listen more to Björk then. Checking out your blog right now.