Thursday, February 11, 2010

February trad video festival




I´m not going to say I´m sorry, but after several hours of contemporary classical music, at a concert in Bergen yesterday, I just had to get down to earth and do some foot stomping.
I have been playing Johnny Cash´s "American V" lately, thinking this one was his last one (and sad and beautiful it is), but number VI is coming out towards the end of February. Enjoy the video to "God´s gonna cut you down", or pretend it´s a pop quiz.
Then go back to the 20s with Carolina Chocolate Drops and their song "Cornbread and Butterbeans", before Loudon Wainwright III comes along. He might not have been the most glamorous at the Grammys, but damn if he didn´t win the best folk album category for "High Wide & Handsome - The Charlie Poole Project".
The young Swedish sisters of First Aid Kit are playing in Bergen Friday night. I hope they are old enough to get in. Nice girls!

No comments: